Wednesday 18 March 2015

Healthy Hair!

Hey!
This blog post is going to be my top tips on keeping healthy hair. In no ways am I an expect or am I claiming that I know anything about hair, but there are just some personal tips that work for me.
DISCLAIMER: I am not saying I have 'PERFECT HAIR' in anyway, because i don't in my opinion.

I have long blonde hair which is quite thick. Blonde hair is a pain in my experience because even when you haven't dyed your hair, you seem to have roots! Anyway back on the point of this post, haircare! These are some of the things i do to maintain healthy hair.

What I do when I wash my hair,
To begin, before I wash my hair I always brush it with my favourite hair brush ever, the tangle teaser, which i will talk about further on down this post. I do this to reduce the amount of tangles I have after I have washed my hair. In the shower the first thing that I do is apply my shampoo but I only but it on the roots and scalp of my hair. The ends of your hair don't require to much shampoo and this way the shampoo will run down to the ends of your hair.

After, I then apply my conditioner to only the mid-lengths to the ends of my hair and leave it on for around 5 mins. After it has been on for 5 or so minutes I then wash it of with warm water, followed with a blast of cold water. this seals the moisture in your hair and and a nice shine. NEVER BRUSH YOUR HAIR WHEN IT IS WET! This will cause breakage to your hair.

Another thing you can do to keep nice hair is to reduce how much you use heat. sleep with your hair wet in braids and in the morning your hair will have wavy hair, plus you won't need to use heat in the morning.

Also, I have used 'A Tangle Teaser' since the age of about ten, when my hairdresser used to use it on my hair. I was so surprised at hiw my tangles came out, how smooth my hair felt after using it and how gentle it was on my hair. Since then I have always had one in my drawer and I would never go back to using a normal brush again. they are around £10 and you can get them from the internet or in stores like, top shop, boots and urban outfitters.

I know most of this which i have just told you, you might already know, but if i helped just one person thats all i care about.

love from Becky xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment